The City agreed to pay Advantage rent for October, despite sending letter to some Advantage tenants telling them the City would not pay. The landlords should recieve the checks in 3 to 5 days. These payments will be made only for Advantage tenants who are still within their Advantage lease period.
We do not know whether the City will be required to pay November rent.
• Continue to pay your part of your rent to your landlord on time.
• Continue to follow Advantage rules.
• If you are in the middle of your Advantage lease period but the City has not sent some of your payments, call 311 to complain and ask for an investigation.
• Request a fair hearing if you have not already done so.
1. Fax a copy of your notice to 518.473.6735 (keep your confirmation) or
2. Make an online request at www.otda.state.ny.us/oah/forms.asp or
3. Go in person to the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance at 14 Boerum Place, Ground Floor (corner of Livingston), Brooklyn, New York. (By Subway: 2, 3, 4, 5 to Borough Hall; N, R to Court Street).
• Your landlord cannot evict you without taking you to Housing Court.
• Don't leave your apartment to reapply at Path just because you think your Advantage rent will not be paid!
blog comments powered by Disqus