In this edition of Safety Net, we focus on solutions. In "Cuomo's Potential: Reduce Homelessness" Shelly Nortz, our Deputy Executive Director for Policy, outlines five recommendations that would help Governor Cuomo to reduce homlessness, including investing in supportive housing, better utilizing Federal subsidies and assistance programs, and reforming the City's rental assistance program.
Patrick Markee, our Senior Policy Analyst, also details the importance of rent regulations to prevent a new wave of mass homelessness, and tells how you can get involved and tell Albany to renew and strengthen rent laws.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Other stories in Safety Net Winter 2011:
• A Letter from Mary: On Homeless Policy Andrew Cuomo Wrote the Book
• ARTWALK NY Raises Over $800,000
• Cuomo's Potential: Reduce Homelessness
• Community Events Support the Coalition's Efforts
• Tell Albany: Renew and Strengthen Rent Laws
• Toy Drive and Holiday Carnival a Major Success
• Women Mean Business Luncheon to be Held April 12, 2011