- To find a food pantry or soup kitchen near you, use our online Resource Guide.
- To learn if you are eligible for food stamps, apply at a local Food Stamp office (also known as SNAP Centers). General guidelines are available here.
- Information on programs for seniors, school kids, and mothers with children is available from NYC Food.
- General Information on Food Insecurity and Hunger Assistance in New York City is available here.
- If you are having difficulty with any of the resources above and need to speak with someone, please come to the Coalition’s Crisis Intervention Program, Monday – Friday at 8:00 a.m.
The Grand Central Food Program
The Coalition’s Grand Central Food Program also provides up to 1,000 hot, nutritious meals to needy New Yorkers throughout Manhattan and the Bronx every night of the year. The Coalition’s Grand Central Food Program (GCFP) begins each night by providing meals at St. Bartholomew’s Church (“St. Bart’s”) on 51st Street between Park and Lexington Avenues. From there, three mobile vans leave to provide meals at the stops and approximate times listed below.
5:30 – 7 p.m. St. Bartholomew’s, 51st Street between Park and Lexington
7:15 p.m. 35th St. under FDR Drive
7:30 p.m. Lower East Side Harm Reduction (25 Allen St)
7:45 p.m. Housing Court/Chinatown, Lafayette & Leonard St.
8:00 p.m. Staten Island Ferry
8:20 p.m. Sunshine Hotel/Bowery Mission-Bowery between Stanton & Rivington
8:35 p.m. Madison Square Park-5th Ave. & 27th St.
9:00 p.m. Penn Station-34th St. & 8th Ave, Northeast Corner.
7:15 p.m. SW corner 51st & Broadway
7:30 p.m. Port Authority, 40th St. between Dyer and 10th Ave.
7:55 p.m. 79th St. Boat Basin – 79st St. at West Side Highway
8:15 p.m. 86th St. & West End Ave.
8:30 p.m. Cathedral of St. John the Divine – 112th St. & Amsterdam
8:45 p.m. Harlem Hospital – 137th & Lenox Ave.
9:00 p.m. Central Park – 5th Ave. & 72nd St.
9:15 p.m. SONY building – 55th St. bet. Madison & 5th
7:30 p.m. SW corner Randall Ave. & Bryant Ave.
7:40 p.m. NW corner Lafayette Ave. & Manida St.
8:00 p.m. Lincoln Hospital – Morris Ave. & 148th St.
8:25 p.m. NE corner of 164th St. & Ogden Ave.
8:30 p.m. 170th St. & Jerome
8:45 p.m. Fordham Rd. & University Ave.
9:10 p.m. Fordham Rd. & Webster Ave.
The Coalition also provides pocket resource guides with information on where to get assistance with food and other basic needs. For information on how you may receive a guide, please email us.