There are many easy ways for your company and employees to get involved helping New York’s neediest men, women and children:
Program Sponsorships are the most direct way for your company to help homeless New Yorkers.
- Sponsor a Grand Central Food Program van and help feed thousands of hungry New Yorkers.
- Give a homeless child respite from the stress and trauma of shelter life by sending him or her to Camp Homeward Bound.
- Help a homeless woman prepare for and find a living-wage job through the First Step Job Training Program.
Sponsoring one of the Coalition’s special events is a win-win for your company. Your name will receive exposure to a large audience of New York City business leaders, philanthropists, high net worth individuals and other notables, while demonstrating your company’s dedication to helping homeless New Yorkers.
To learn more, contact our Manager of Special Events.
In-Kind Donations and Drives
Blankets, school supplies, a warm winter coat or a the right clothes for a job interview: You can help us collect items that make a tremendous difference in the lives of homeless adults and children. To learn more about what is needed and how to get involved, visit our page about Drives or In-Kind Giving.
- Project: Back to School is our annual drive to collect backpacks and school supplies for homeless children who are simply unable to affordable these most basic items.
- Each holiday season, the Coalition organizes an annual Holiday Toy Drive to deliver gifts to boys and girls in homeless shelters.
- The Coalition accepts donations of blankets, coats, and gloves during the winter months to hand out to homeless people on the streets and through our Crisis Intervention Program and Grand Central Food Program.
- The First Step Job Training Program accepts donations of new and like-new work attire for women.
- The Scattered Site Housing Program needs to re-stock the on-site food pantry regularly to ensure our clients, whose budgets are often stretched thin, have enough to eat.
The Coalition has opportunities for both individuals and companies themselves to volunteer their time.
Opportunities for Companies
The First Step Job Training Program is always looking for new businesses to host “Corporate Days” (full or half-day sessions) exposing our students to your area of expertise. We are also seeking more companies to join the notable list of private corporations, non-profits and law firms that provide eight-week internships to our students.
Opportunities for Employees
The Coalition for the Homeless offers several convenient and engaging volunteer opportunities for corporations and businesses throughout the year with our Grand Central Food Program, Camp Clean-Up Day, job coaching and preparing for our back-to-school and toy drive.
Visit our Volunteer page for more information or email us at email@example.com if you or your company would like to organize a volunteer day.