I Need Help with Disability Rights

DHS, HRA and other City and State agencies have an obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities including modifications to policies or procedures when necessary. Examples of accommodations include flexible scheduling of appointments, access to interpreters, assistance with reading and completing forms, and bed passes. If you need an accommodation, you can make a verbal request by talking to your case manager in the shelter or at HRA.

Due to the public health crisis posed by COVID-19, Crisis Intervention walk-in services are temporarily closed.

In order to stay healthy and safe, we suggest staying indoors in a shelter, traveling as little as possible, and keeping a safe distance between yourself and others.

If you have been denied shelter and do not have access to any shelter placement, please call 1-888-358-2384 and leave a detailed message. Please note that we will do our best to respond to you as soon as possible, but if your call is not related to a denial of access to shelter, we may not be able to respond while the crisis continues. Please note that the Crisis Intervention Program is based in NYC and only able to respond to questions regarding NYC services.