Shelter For Families With Children (18 and Under)

Prevention and Temporary Housing (PATH)
151 East 151st Street
Bronx, NY 10454
Take the 2, 4, or 5 train to 149th Street/Grand Concourse. Walk north on Grand Concourse two blocks, to East 151st Street and turn left. Walk two blocks to Walton Avenue. The PATH office is located at the corner on your right.

Note that this facility is not operated by the Coalition for the Homeless.

The following documents will be required for families with children when applying at PATH:

Documents to prove the identity of each member of your household, which can include:

  • A benefits card from public assistance, a green card, driver’s license, government ID, passport or visa, or an employment ID with a picture.
  • If you do not have a photo ID, other identification can include a birth certificate, social security card, Medicaid card or pay stub. All minor children are asked to provide birth certificates.

Proof that you are a family, which can include:

  • A marriage or domestic partnership certificate, proof that one member of your household is medically dependent on the other member(s), proof that you have legal custody of the children or filed for paternity, are listed on the child(ren)’s birth certificates, or you can show six months co-habitation prior to becoming homeless.

*If you do not have these documents, PATH should help you prove your identity and family status. If PATH does not help you, please come to the Coalition’s Crisis Intervention Program.